Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kelsey's 5!

I can't believe my little girl is 5 years old now
Since it's her birthday I gave her a whole day worth of get-out-of-jail-free-cards. Looking at her you would think she was the perfect Daddy's-little-girl but mom knows differently...
1st thing this morning she was sitting around the corner while I was making breakfast. I was worried she was sad for some reason - until I looked closer and saw that she had gotten one of the bags of popcorn I save for Collin's lunch and sneaking it - "It's a good thing it's your birthday!"
Then later I found her outside obviously holding something. I thought she had rolly-polleys or something but when she opened her hand I saw it was filled with my mini-chocolate chips. "But Mom, it's my birthday, I'm supposed to eat chocolate all day!" (Not sure who taught her that one - she must have decided it on her own.)
We had dinner at her favorite place - the Volcano Restaurant (Japanese Steak House) She loved her salad and ate it all but only one or two of her shrimp - crazy girl.
Happy Birthday - too bad brother took a couple of swipes at your cake...
but it still tasted just fine!
(Collin is glad her birthday is over so she won't get special treatment tomorrow... he still hasn't quite got the hang of having a little princess in the house - maybe someday he'll learn that every day is special...)

1 comment:

Kim said...

She is adorable!!! I love looking at your kids getting so big!!