Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Disneyland On My Own

Can you believe I took the 3 kids to Disneyland by myself - yikes.
I surprised Collin and took him out of school - he was so excited and grateful to not be in school that he was on his best behavior all day.
We went to California Adventure first
Collin had fun at Bugs Life
They wouldn't let the baby in the bumper cars so Collin road first...
Then he sat out with the baby while I road with Kelsey.
If you've never been to California adventure it's like visiting all of California at once... there's the Hollywood back lot, here's fisherman's wharf. There's also the redwoods, early aviation and the pier.
Deadliest Catch??
The Pier
Kelsey was so excited to see Santa - she made him sign her 'sign book'
Collin only would sit for the picture for a promise of a candy cane
Kelsey & Woody (Collin got scared by the Screamin' Coaster)
One of the main reasons I wanted to go was to go through the new Woody shootout ride... unfortunately Collin saw people put on 3D glasses and he was outta there (literally - "I'll just watch the stroller for you!") So we didn't get to go...
So we road the carousel 3 times


The Guy offered to help me up on a 'horse' since I couldn't stand up with a baby.. that just seemed a little too scary to try so I opted to sit on one of the benches. (and check out my penny pressing check-list to make sure I got them all)


A self-portrait
These army men kept going back and forth on the pier - they just looked so cool and realistic
Kelsey's helping out with the construction of the lake
Wow - sometimes I even impress myself with my picture taking ability :)
(The trick? A timer and a garbage can with the camera set on night setting.)
I took this picture in a similar was since a flash just reflects off the glass
They have the original map and mock-ups for Disneyland in the Opera House (we're back at Disneyland now)
Ahhhhhhhhh
We didn't bring the stroller into the crowd to see the fireworks. Still Kelsey was able to get ahead of Collin and I. I asked people if they saw her go past and, like the cartoons, they pointed in three different directions. I finally just called out, "If you've seen a little girl in a hooded sweatshirt walking around alone can you raise your hand?!!!" Someone else had the same idea because as I looked around I saw her on the shoulders of a women about 15 feet away, "Can you see your mom?" So we were reunited.
Kelsey wanted me to hold her during the fireworks (Collin, too) but I couldn't so she just laid down on my foot to watch them :)
I went into the Mother's lounge, at the top of main street, to feed and change the baby. Kelsey had crackers and was told she would have to eat by the high chairs. I didn't realize they had actually put Kelsey in until I turned around :)
Aren't they cute
Yet another sleeping picture. I did give him a neck pillow but he was talking in his sleep and took it off...
I really had some great help getting out of the park. We waited so long for the trams we were able to talk to the couple behind us (the man was smiling at Kelsey who was hiding behind my legs.) The baby was getting fussy so I had Collin hold him for a minute while I stuffed more things in the bag. Jace immediately quieted down so when I got him back I decided to hold him the same way - around the middle, facing out. He smiled and charmed everyone. As we got on the tram the man grabbed the stroller and his wife grabbed the bags. They weren't going to our floor so we said goodbye. After we cleaned up we were going to the escalators when another young couple behind us offered to take the stroller up. They even went up an extra flight and back down to their level. She said I looked really tired and of need of help :)
The thing is, I know I can do it myself but it's so nice to not have to.

2 comments:

Linnae said...

Looks like you had a great time! You are a BRAVE BRAVE Woman!

Debbie said...

You're an awesome mommy!! ~Debbie Freitas : )