Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Great to be Eight!

As soon as Collin attended the "Great to be Eight" meeting he has been so excited for scouting. He wanted to get his uniform and everything that night but I persuaded him that the Boy Scout Store was not open Sunday Night - so we went Monday.
He already has the Cub Scout Promise and Law of the Pack memorized. He can't wait for this summer when he gets to go to pack meetings and day camp. He wants to show everyone his uniform - we compromise and let him wear his cap but not his shirt... He's excited too because this is the 100th year of Scouting so they have some extra things they can earn.
I'm excited too. I already have my charts and binders for him... I can think of some cool things to do - like bird watching at the fish hatchery. I what to make suggestions and volunteer a little (like one thing is to learn some sign language and interview and interpreter...) but I ever so much do not want to be called to be a den leader! I would hate it and I very much doubt I could teach the boys the way they need to be taught. So, if I can make it clear I don't want a new job I should be able to help them out...

No comments: