Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm Not Dead Yet!


I was at my mom's house when I saw this huge black bird fly overhead. I thought, "That is a HUGE crow!"
Then in landed on a dead, of course, branch. It had an unmistakable silhouette... But, I argued with myself, I have never seen vultures or buzzards here in over 30 years of living here. And like every other kid, I've been trained to be nervous at the sight of buzzards flying over head. Let me tell you, I made sure to drink lots of water that day! So I asked around and my father-in-law said there were some turkey buzzards just north of us. It was still weird seeing at least 4 of these birds circling or landing in our trees... On the same day Chad some out by the hills by our house... there must have been a reconnaissance troupe sent out to scout out the rest of the county to see if there were any good dead animal spots...

3 comments:

Midge said...

Creepy, I hope Ruby is ok. They must know holloween is coming up.

Kim said...

You know the morbid side of you loved it!! That was cool!

Scatcat said...

creepy!!!! only you would title it the way you did LOL