Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bueno!


We are having a great time in Costa Rica

We traveled to the Pacific side so Chad could surf...
The first day in Jaco we went to Playa Hermosa with its black sand and beautiful sunset. I think the best part was when some tourist from Virginia stopped Chad as he was getting out of the water and asked if he would pose for a picture with the wife :)
The second day we took a boat out to Escondida, a private beach around the point from Jaco. The only problem was that there's no jetty for the boat so we have to swim in... which would be fine, if I could swim... Chad told me to get on the surf board like a boogy-board but I told him I could touch the sand. Chad yelled for me to "Jump!" I looked behind me in time to see a head high wave right behind me so I jumped (see, I listen to my husband's advice) and got knocked aside the head by the wave but I didn't fall over or swallow water so it's all good (that's the deepest I've ever been in the ocean before!)So, how many wives do you know that would stand on the rocky shore for over an hour, barely moving, in order to get some good pictures of her husband surfing??? Luckily I'm as obsessed about getting the perfect picture as Chad is about getting the perfect wave.
We had a great time and I only got strawberry-sunburned rather than lobster-sunburned :)
I do wish I got a picture of me getting on and off the boat though. On the way back Enrique earned a big tip by driving right up to the beach. The other surfers held the boat so it wouldn't beach and I just swung up my leg then rolled onto the boat - not graceful but I was fast. Then when we got back to Jaco he actually drove up to the river mouth that flowed into the ocean and dropped me off right onto the riverbank. Very Nice!
Amazingly, it barely rained at all the entire time. Tonight it absolutely poured down. I just figured Costa Rica was crying many tears that we were leaving...

1 comment:

Rainey said...

Okay that's just sad that is the deepest you've ever been in the ocean and you live in California. I'm not a good swimmer but I managed to get in way over my head to many times! Ha Ha. Your trip sounds fabulous! I'm very jealous!!