Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Condor Field

Right by our house there is a little airfield for the RC airplanes. We often see them flying as we drive in and out of the compound. Collin always wants to go see them but there's a big gate that I have seen way too many people get locked in (they enter while it's open but then it gets locked on them and they're stuck)

Finally I read that they were having a toy drive while they flew war birds - we finally had our chance!

Collin was fascinated with this helicopter. I wish you could see the detail these guys go to - they even have GI Joe's flying, war wounds... My brother used to make models but these guys are way into it...
It was incredibly windy - but we only say one plane crash - but I know there were more than a few nervous landings - after a few touch and gos.
I don't know if you can see the 2 planes flying over Collin's head...
We didn't stay too long but we did have a fun time - now Collin wants one for Christmas... I told him to look at how old the guys were that made them --- when he was that age he could make his own (Sorry, future Mrs. Collin :)

The new Vargas girl
Collin was so curious about the planes and had lots of questions (surprise- not)

3 comments:

Debra Stevenson Hager said...

Thats funny, Kevin & I got locked in there when we went geocaching once. A group of paint-ballers was there too. We had to call university police to let us out. The next time we parked outside and walked in.

Matt Brown said...

Oh, I'm sure he will be flying'em way before future Mrs. Collin is in the picture.

Shouldn't let him see them fly. It's too late now... The bug has already bitten.

I ran upon your blog by accident when searching for RC related material. I find it fantastic that your son is interested in aviation already! Believe me, there are worse habits he could get into! This hobby sure keeps me out of trouble :)

Anyway, I am working on a website that you may enjoy, It explains the basics of RC airplanes.

Collin might like it too.

It's Hooked on RC Airplanes

Best of luck to the future RC pilot!

Kim said...

Wow! We live next to an airbase and all we see everyday are appachi helicopters (don't know how to spell it!) But it sure looks cool!