Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Spooky Fish

Collin calls this fish "Pinky" - I just call it "Spooky Fish." It's over 2 years old now - which I understand is ancient for gold fish and still it's going strong. We have had dozens of gold fish yet this is the only one to survive. Some of the others that have been in its tank and near it have died of under suspicious circumstances and several "suicides." Though CSI still couldn't prove it one way or they other - I have my theories and we now keep Spooky in solitary confinement - but that wasn't enough to spare the other fish. . .
The other 2 we had in the other bowl got along really well - until one day there was another suicide! I was doing dishes when a flash of gold in the dish drainer caught my eye (I'm not going to admit to screaming but I was a bit shocked!) I wasn't going to tell Collin but Chad did so he came over to see. That's when we noticed Shamu was still breathing. I put him back in the bowl and he tried really hard but he just didn't have enough strength to survive...
So we did what all grieving pet owners do -- we immediately go to pet co and buy replacement pets.
Some of you know I have dial up so I'm slow to post all of my blogs but in this case I was all prepared to tell you about our new fish but alas, they have all gone to the great fish bowl in the sky... all except one...
Youmay have gotten away with it this time, Spooky Fish but I'm watching you!

No comments: