Friday, August 1, 2008

Arenal

Summer is the rainy season - so they were pretty much wet constantly... but they still went swimming or to the beach or river nearly every day
Cute picture, though I am curious what my six year old is doing in a bar :) I'm as curious as you are to hear the story of this one... The boys were only home for a day before they left again so I didn't get all the stories yet.
They were able to swim in a warm river that was heated from the volcano. Chad had warned Collin not to swim too close to the waterfall under the road just before Collin disappeared from sight. Chad found him at the bottom of the, luckily little, waterfall. He was fine except for a few scratches on his stomach.
At Arenal there are dozens of bridges transversing the many rivers (they don't call it a rain forest for nothing) Chad informed me that right after this picture was taken Collin's foot slipped under the fencing - not to worry though, it was only a 200 foot drop into crocodile infested water...
On their way in a man stopped them to point out a cool snake... a eyelash viper - yep, very poisonous.
I'm sure Collin is much further away than he seems in this picture... I hope!
In order to keep Collin busy Chad created a game where Collin got points for finding cool things - frogs (which are hard to find since they're nocturnal) leaf cutter ants, butterflies, insects longer than my finger, monkeys, more poisonous snakes...

1 comment:

Rainey said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm sure you'll have fun scrapbooking those. I need to hear the stories that go with the pics sometime.