Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm an Aunt!!

Ok, so this shouldn't be anything new... I actually have 23 nieces and nephews, this is even the third one this year but I'm still excited. Debbie first made me an aunt about 14 years ago and hasn't for 8 years. She had 3 girls and we all thought that would be it. Now, shortly after her 44th birthday, Carsten James has made an appearance.

Carsten quietly slept most of the time I was there which always adds to the sweetness but I have to admit he is a beautiful baby (I think even cuter than Kelsey at that time). He has fine, short dark hair all over his cute little head.
Kelsey takes a peek at her new cousin. She thinks he's the cutest thing ever!
6 years ago, Micah was Kelsey's age when she visited us in the hospital to visit her new cousin, Collin... You can even see little Avarie in the background... how time flies.

Carsten woke up for a minute to look up at Aunti Chris.

4 comments:

Midge said...

he's so cute, thanks for posting a picture, I can't wait to see him

Kim said...

Congratulations Debbie!! Beautiful baby!

Rainey said...

You of course took some cute pictures that I need in my own collection. I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Cate said...

Note to everyone who has taken these pics then cropped me out... I was joking about being upset at Mom for planning that then noticed Marj did too (and apologized). Rainey and I were talking about how we really aren't offended - I think we spend so much time with photography/scrapbooking/(and now) blogging (is that a valid verb?) that we accept that anything you have to do for the good picture is completely justified. I can't tell you the number of completely mocked up pictures we took that were supposedly natural - or stuff like finally taking Christmas pictures in February...

My point is that - you're right - it is a great picture of Carsten and you are more than welcome to crop me out of the picture so don't feel bad. It just reminds me that I need to get over to Debbie’s house and take more pictures but I figured I would let them settle for a few days first before I descend with camera flashing (and children touching).