Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Labor Day!


For this last Saturday of the summer Eric and Chad decided to through a BBQ for the neighborhood. When I first got there it was just those two and half a dozen kids but as people came out to watch their kids play they all wandered down to try some of Chad's bratz and Eric's tri-tip...

Normally we don't let Collin play in the alley and for good reason! I don't know how many times my heart stopped as he rode right across the street... Still. he's getting pretty good on the skateboard - especially the long board.

Two of Collin's favorite neighbors, Eric & Nick. Many a morning I go out looking for Collin only to round the corner at the end of the block and see him on Nick & Leah's patio chatting away. Or hanging with Eric who has given him and Aiden shades and soda pop so they look cool hanging out. They are both really patient with him and I really appreciate their befriending my kid.
Hanging out... They pretty much hung out until it was movie time - around 8 pm (Chad wanted to lose his farmer tan) All summer Eric has hosted outdoor movies Friday & Saturday nights at the end of the block.
Now that summer's over he may finally get to put away the 30 foot screen he made...

1 comment:

Midge said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I generally ignore my neighbors but I guess with a kid like Collin that is impossible.