Thursday, July 30, 2009

Baby Shower

Okay, I'm ready now to have a baby - I've had my baby shower :) Ok, I'm really not ready but last night I had a couple of pretty big "contractions" and I was worried that they would have to have my shower without me - but I made it.

We had a fun time - everyone pitched in and made it a really nice party. My kids even came but there were so many other cousins there that I barely saw them (except when they asked if they could have another chocolate covered strawberry or "muffin".

I was very excited to see Becky come in late. I wasn't sure if she knew about the shower and would have felt bad if she hadn't. I joked that the only reason I was having another baby was because she always made her fabulous orange rolls for the showers (she always said I should have more kids since mine were so cute - I told her I only would if she made me rolls :) Then when I went to open her present I noticed on the box it said the usual to and from then down on the bottom it said "(I Promised)" I leaned over and smiled as I could smell them - what a fun surprise!
I hope you could see this gift from Violet (When I'm the star of the pictures I tend to do them smaller - especially when there's basically 5 of me) She just got her Cricut (die cut) machine and told me that she was nervous to use it but she zoomed to the advanced setting in order to make me this cute little purse/gift bag and card - I'm so proud of her (and excited to try it out myself :)
I got another fun surprise as I opened a gift that didn't have a name on the outside... It was from my good friends in Canada! They had sent me a diaper bag, complete with diapers, and two boppy covers. There were some friends that couldn't make it and sent gift, which was really nice, but I never expected something, especially something so nice from my friends that live so far away! You guys rock! Thanks for thinking of me. (Now you have another excuse to come back to Cali, to meet the baby - hint hint.)
I talked to my sister, Debbie, about games/activity for the party just this afternoon. She showed up with a quilt with pirates on one side and white on the back for everyone to sign and decorate - that she just made after I talked to her. Since she made that she didn't have time to finish the pieced quilt she made for me - but it will be worth the wait - it's really beautiful. (I think she has friends that were willing to have another baby just to get one of her beautiful quilts :)

So we had a fun time, especially when I finally sat down and relaxed a bit (I think my frantic nesting hormones are taking over my life) I had a fun time visiting with friends, life-long and new. There were even a couple of my friends there (I claim them since I've worked with them so much with genealogy, though they were my mom's friends first) that were at my baby shower way back when!


I was good and let other people take the pictures this time but then when I get more I'll have to post more, just so I can remember for myself. Now all I have left to do is get the house ready (and try to talk myself out of rearranging furniture) and have the baby. I try not to think about labor though it really is the easiest part of pregnancy for me - it's still scary :) Hopefully all will go well and we'll be bringing home a healthy baby boy soon (then the fun really starts! Yikes!!)

2 comments:

anelieze castrejon said...

Ahh! You could have at least cropped me out of all of them, haha :) It was a fun shower. I'll have your small gift for you on Sunday!

Kevin or Colleen said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun... glad our package arrived just in time.... and We love your HINT HINT... we might surprise you next year..... We're glad you enjoyed the gift... take care.

Kevin.