Monday, July 27, 2009

Name the Date

One of my favorite things to do is document everything... I have a pregnancy book and one of the things it has is having friends guess the sex and date of birth of the baby. Well, we kind of blew it with the boy/girl thing since we didn't tell anyone we were expecting a baby until we already knew it was a boy but there's still time to try to guess the date.

Here are some of the facts to help you make the guess.
  • I'm due August 15
  • I'm considered "Full Term" (37 1/2 weeks) - that means that though I have 2 1/2 weeks left I could go into labor any time and the baby is fine
  • They were concerned the baby would be too big so they would need to induce at 38 or 39 weeks but they think the baby is growing fine
  • They did say they would induce rather than let me go past my due date, like I did with the first 2
  • Chad may or may not be going out of town this Wednesday and Thursday (for those of you, like me, that believe Murphy's Law has more influence than we appreciate)
  • I've been having Braxton Hicks (fake contractions) for days now
  • I normally go past my due date
  • I'm not ready

I think that's all the necessary information that might influence when I could have the baby. I need everyone to post their guess so I can fill that page in my book - and if you haven't voted for the bald/blond/brunette poll yet you can do that too.

(It's these silly little things that help me forget the aches and pains and have fun during the pregnancy :)

8 comments:

Kevin or Colleen said...

Well... since you were late with your previous two...I suspect... Aug 17 as the date..... But I'm a man and we don't know much about these things..... Best Wishes

Kevin

Tami said...

I'm going with Friday, August 7th. Time goes fast when you don't tell anyone for a long time, (for the rest of us anyway!) :)

anelieze castrejon said...

I guess Aug 13...but i have no experience with pregnancy whatsoever!

Kim said...

My guess is August 12...two weeks from today. I just have a feeling about that day. :o) Oh wait. That's because my next doctor's appointment is that day. LOL, oh well, I'm still guessing August 12!

Midge said...

I say the 14th. BTW the GD goes away quick, thank goodness.

Cate said...

I may be wrong but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Aug 8th. Mostly because 8-8 would make a great b-day. Just take my advice on ways to start labor and I'll win!!

Cate said...

By the way that last comment was Me..Rainey 8-8 all the way!

Midge said...

Hey what did I win?!?