Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Normally for the 4th we just hang out... As far as fireworks go, we usually climb the big hill next to our house, past the water towers, where we can see the fireworks in the distance (and 3 others). But this year I had no desire to walk a mile straight up a hill in the dark... Luckily my friends live just across the freeway from the high school so they invited all their friends to watch from their front lawn. It was really nice to enjoy the fireworks without having to fight crowds and traffic.
Collin having fun behind Chris' back
Kelsey didn't like the noise so she plugged her ears. About halfway through she told me to plug them. I thought that was weird until I looked down to see that she was sucking her thumb and playing with her belly button...
The fireworks were pretty cool. The only thing was the lower ones were behind the tree across the street - but I thought they looked pretty cool thru the tree.
While Kelsey snuggled Daddy she played with her glow sticks in her belly button- weird kid.
After the fireworks we hung out for a bit. When we got home Eric had the movies set up so they all went to watch. Collin got scared so came home to snuggle me :) I thought Kelsey and Chad had fallen asleep downstairs until I heard them come in about midnight from the movie... What a fun - long - day!

No comments: