Monday, July 13, 2009

Getting Ready

I'm finally getting ready for this baby. I was excited to find that I hadn't given away all my clothes, or at least whoever I leant them to gave them back. Collin helped me organize the clothes and pick out all the smallest ones so I can wash them and get them ready. I found I'll need more pants and then all the boring stuff - sheets, burp clothes, 'water'-proof pads, diapers... oh yeah, I'll need to kick Kelsey out of her bed so we can use it as the baby crib again - but hopefully he can sleep in a bassinet for a few months first. A car seat and stroller would be nice too :) (since they won' tlet us leave the hosital without a car seat...)
I really can't believe I only have a month left and my energy level is sub-sub-level. At least I have lots of family to help out. Tiana has taken my kids to the movies and watched Kelsey while I have my many, many doctor appointments. And my sister, Chris, took them when I actually tried to clean the house a bit (PMS has nothing on pregnancy hormones >:( So I thank all of you for the help and hopefully I won't wear you out too soon cuz I have more appointments (3 this week alone) and I'm sure I'll have a few more hormonal breakdowns in the weeks to come - what fun to look forward to.

3 comments:

Midge said...

crap, you are making me realize I need to do laudry for the little lad too. I'm starting to freak out, I only have a week left. I looked at a newborn onsie and nearly lost it. I keep going back an forth between not ready and anxious. Good times.

Violet said...

I'm glad you got all your cloths back. Do you still want a baby shower? Let me know so I can get one together for you. Or is someone already planning it and I just haven't heard about it yet?

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Cate said...

Thnaks for your offer of help. Emily is throwiing me a Shower - I'm sure she'll call you for help...