Monday, September 15, 2008

Pointillism

Collin asked me today if there was a way to draw a picture without making a line. At first I told him no - I'm a math person so I'm thinking about lines with 2 dimensions 3 dimension's... But then he gave an example of just coloring everything and it reminded me of a picture I told him about that I saw in a museum of an old women but if you looked close it was all thumbprints.
Then I told him about pointillism's (yes, I use terms like pointillism with a 6 year old!) I explained about the Impressionist painters and about Monet and VanGogh...

This evening he brought me these pictures he drew of a couple of dinosaurs and their footprints - which he created using pointillism...
So, Rainey, when your art students complain about not understanding terms or homework is to hard tell them about your 6 year old nephew who learned about pointillism and that day went out and experimented with it on his own...

2 comments:

Linnae said...

A truly gifted child...

I envision a future of a curious child who changes everything about what we know about anything... I have already learned more than I ever knew about Dinosaurs from a 6 year old :)

Kim said...

Go super mom creating the super child!