Thursday, September 11, 2008

Of Course I Got Tickets!

I just wanted to reassure everyone that I did get tickets for Collin for the Walking with Dinosaur - The Live Experience.
Knowing I don't have TV my sister, Chris, called a few weeks ago to tell me about it. I immediately got on the Internet and googled it. Most of the tickets were already sold out so we ended up with nose bleed seats but that's all to the good since Collin was a little nervous about live dinos (funny, eh)
I was going to have it be a surprise but after his teacher told him about it I decided to confess that I already had tickets.
Since then I think I've gotten about 3 more phone calls about it - the last one this morning from my sister who is bringing her son to see it in Arizona tomorrow (Sharon, if it's a surprise don't let Max read this...) so she'll tell me how it was. But I wanted to let everyone else know that I did get the tickets for my young paleontologist.
In case you didn't know, Collin is into dinosaurs. The only way you wouldn't know that is if you've never met him. I remember the first time when he was 3 yrs old we were standing in line at Albertsons and Collin started talking to the man in front of us, "I'm into dinosaurs now." He was still 3 when he started telling people he wanted to be a paleontologist (1 in 3 adults didn't even know what that was). He often asked me, "How does everyone know I like dinosaurs?!" "Um, because you tell them?"
He has branched out more to dragons (my influence) and rain forest animals -especially toucans (Costa Rica's influence) but he still loves dinos and demands every book written about them - and if you've ever been to a book store you'll know there are a lot (by the way I don't think I ever thanked Ryan and Kristy for the Life-Size Dinosaurs book - it's awesome) so I've slowed down on buying more - he has more dino encyclopedias than anyone will ever need (he used them for his "research") I'm a book freak so if there is any topic he says he's interested in I get books about it for us to read. I also get DVDs - like the Eyewitness series and take him to museums like Thanksgiving Point in Utah and La Brea Tar Pit in LA. So it's only natural that I would take him to the live show too.
We'll be going to the show at the end of September so it will be awhile before you'll get an update but we will add more pictures from the event - no worries.

2 comments:

Chuck and LeOra said...

Nuts. I just wrote my comment and it wouldn't let me publish. Will try again. I just talked to Sharon and she told me about the show and how many calls you had to let you know about it. She also told me you can get a blog published when you want. Sounds good. I need to put more on mine. Because of everyones blog I don't feel so far away. Love all your pictures. Love, Mom

Kevin or Colleen said...

Cate you are going to love that show if you like dino's at all. the story that is told and all the dinos are amazing... it is like real life almost... but for the kids it was amazing... my mom bought tickets for the two older boys (Dexter and Quinlin) and herself but she got sick that day and i had to take them... WOW!!!! I was sooooo impressed. Remember there is a brontosaurous that is 20 stories hight... so Nosebleed will be right up front with his face. Chow for now Kevin Mann.