Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Picture Day


For picture day today Collin insisted that he needed to look nice. I tried to talk him into a nice shirt or even just go without a tie (I'm lucky I didn't have a bow tie because that was his first choice!) He was trying to talk me into letting him wear a suit coat, "...and then when I'm done I can stuff it in my ba- ... I can fold it nicely and place it in my backpack to keep it safe."

So, this is the outfit he picked out for himself. Everyone told him how handsome he looked except one crazy girl who shrieked, "Collin! You look like you're going to get married!" Collin just hid behind me until we walked past her.

It's nice to have a son who has enough confidence that he can carry off this look at school ...

I guess it could be worse...

At least we know where Collin got his distinctive fashion sense from... probably from his Grandma, Linda!

3 comments:

Matt and Tiana said...

I think that you hit the nail on the head. Chad was lookin' pretty darn studly in the plaid tweed pants. I only wish that my mom would have kept them. Just think Collin could be sporting them right now!

sharonhat said...

That is sooo Cute! The confidence thing is the key. Brian wore a huge giraffe head (probably stood 8 feet tall) to school on halloween. He was in the ninth grade and the only one who dressed up. He thought it was cool. . . so he wore it.

Cate said...

Chad assured me that these outfits were not actually for picture day ... but does it really matter - they're just too cute!